She Inspires Us!
International Women’s Day is celebrated in honour of women’s contributions to society, economy, culture, and politics.
The theme for 2023 is DigitALL: Innovation and Technology for gender equality. The theme for Women History month 2023 is Celebrating Women who Tell our Stories.
According to the United Nations (UN), women make up only 22 percent of artificial intelligence (AI) workers globally. A global analysis of 133 AI systems across industries found that 44.2 percent demonstrate gender bias, and a survey of women journalists from 125 countries found that 73 percent had suffered online violence in the course of their work. There is still work to be done. For work related matter the Economist has put together a glass-ceiling index.
In the STEM area, science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, where women still are only 27% of workforce, there are still some bias rooted as shared in this Big Think Article. To create a great place to work for all they outline some actions that can help; Be ok with being uncomfortable, reflect on what you don’t know, invite feedback, defensiveness doesn’t help, grow from mistakes, expect that change takes time.
When using machine learning to identify gender stereotypes in an INSEAD shared research they found that organisations that appointed a female CEO saw a whopping 70% increase in the association between women and leadership traits.
To meet some inspiring leaders, we invite all Board Members , men and women, to join the Boardroom Creativity event on March 10 at 8-9, with female inspiring Chair Fennemiek Gommer and Chair Anne-Mike Eggenkamp.
Following the story telling theme, and grateful to all amazing women progressing the world to a better place, we like to highlight inspiring women shared at Digoshen podcast and blog;
- How Coaching Benefits Board Work with Helen Wiseman (Blog and Podcast)
- Finding Possibility in Uncertainty with Susannah Furr (and Nathan Furr) (Blog and Podcast)
- Culturally Diverse Leadership with Karen Loon (Blog and Podcast)
- Boards Governance of Startups and ESG with Aline Eibl (Blog)
- Reflections on Board Recruitment in the International Context with Mary Francia (Blog)
- Modern Board work – Strategy Foresight and innovation to permeate Board work with Ingvild Huseby (Blog)
- Board Work needs to adapt to new realities with Turid Solvang (Blog)
- AI Leadership for Boards, now a reality with Fernanda Torre, Robin Tegiland, Liselotte Engstam (Blog, Video)
- Foresight and Visions of Future with Fernanda Torre (Blog)
- Talent on the Board Agenda with Pia Gideon (Blog and Podcast)
- Do you and Your Board know your company’s best digital model with Stephanie Woerner (Blog and Podcast)
- Experienced Board Chair Helen Pitcher inspiring board room excellence with Helen Pitcher OBE (Blog and Podcast)
- Learn from experienced Digital Non-Executive Director Denise Koopmans – with Denise Koopmans (Blog and Podcast)
And from the INSEAD Sweden Alumni Blog
- Break the Bias with Anne Årneby (and Jakob Stengel) (Blog)
- Lifelong Learning as a driver for Sustainable future with Britta Börjesson and Anne-Ev Enzmann (Blog, Video)
We know that role models are important and we also like to highlight some other trailblazing women
- Nobel Prize Female Winners
- Amazing Women who Changed the World
- International Women Forums Hall of Fame
- The Ruter Dam of the Year (Swedish)
The amazing ThisLittleGirlIsMe initiative has the ambition to show role models to girls, but they are as inspiring to all of us.
The Digoshen Founder Liselotte Engstam has also shared her #ThisLittleGirlIsMe story.
Finding more inspiration
- Wow Women (Music Playlist, Spotify)
- What Were they Thinking (Film, Netflix)
- Into the Fire (Documentary, Youtube)
- An Unfinished Symphony (Documentary, Youtube)
- Women in Culture (Arts and Culture at Google)
Happy International Women’s Day to all incredible women! Shine on and Power on…Not just today but every day!
At Digoshen, we work hard to increase #futureinsights and help remove #digitalblindspots and #sustainabilityblindspots. We believe that Companies, Boards, and Business Leadership Teams need to understand more about the future and the digital & sustainable world to fully leverage the potential when bringing their business into the digital & more sustainable age. If you are a board member, consider joining our international board network and master programs.
To understand where you and your company stand in digital business and leadership progress, take our survey at Digoshen.com/research and get a free-of-charge personalized report with recommendations on moving forward. The survey is anonymous and takes about 15 minutes to complete.